wSw TCP Global provides a vastly more effective means of freeing up hospital acute beds while better attending to the needs of the patient.
The Transitional Care Program is a government initiative to provide the elderly with additional time to recover with the aim of them eventually returning home or entering residential care. Hospitals place patients in transitional care as a means of releasing acute care beds. Normally these transitional care beds are located in aged care facilities close to the hospital or within a wing of the hospital itself.
The design platform provides hospitals and patients alike with the flexibility that comes with immediate patient discharge, as follows:
Given that research has proven how patients located in a residential care bed close to the family and friend network, recover more quickly and achieve generally better overall results, wSw developed its TCP Global program to suit.
- Rather than the Government regulated system that has patients transferred to facilities or are retained in hospitals that may indeed be located many kilometres from loved ones, wSw has formed partnerships with a large number of higher end Residential Care facilities, thus ensuring a patient is transferred to a facility close to home.
- Patients can be discharged into the wSw TCP Global program facility without interfering with an existing support plan or government TCP program funding
- If a patient entering into the wSw TCP Global program is placed in a facility that isn’t the first choice for patient and family, wSw will transfer the patient to the preferred facility when a bed becomes available
- wSw will assist with all transfers and paperwork to ensure the best outcome for all
- wSw will always keep the hospital and other interested stakeholders updated on the progress of the patient
- wSw will place patients requiring specialised care/support in appropriate residential care specialising in specific conditions required by the patient
+ Better outcomes for patients and their families
+ wSw manages the case until the optimal outcome is reached
+ Cost saving for government, hospitals, agencies and other treating and referral organisations
+ The ability to discharge people from acute beds quickly
+ Knowing that wSw has TCP Global beds available 24/7
Our 4 Step Action Plan
1. Phone experienced wSw team member
2. Team member notes appropriate information
3. Requirements agreed, team member arranges appropriate plan of action
4. Patient transfer is arranged without the need for input by family and friends